Harvey Research Group Members
At present, the group is composed of the following people:
- Me, Jeremy Harvey.
- David Glowacki, Postdoc (since 5/10)
- Stephanie Essafi, postdoc (since January 2013)
- Josh Nunn, PhD student (since 10/10, also working with Robin Bedford)
- Laura Rush, PhD student (since June 2010, mostly working with Paul Pringle)
- Patrick von Glehn, PhD student (since October 2010, also working with Adrian Mulholland)
- Jeff Rodgers, PhD students (since 10/10, also working with Paul May and Neil Allan)
Also working partly in the group but associated with other groups are:
- Richard Lonsdale, postdoc student working with Dr. Adrian Mulholland.
This picture shows the group in September 2011, on a walking excursion in the Brecon Beacons in Wales (Left to right:
Joshua Nunn, Dave Glowacki, Richard Lonsdale, Laura Rush, Patrick von Glehn, Jeff Rodgers, and JNH):
This picture shows the group in April 2011, in sunny Royal Fort Gardens just outside the Chemistry
department (left to right: Dave Glowacki, Jeff Rodgers, Jeremy Harvey, Laura Rush, Patrick von Glehn, Joshua Nunn, Richard Lonsdale and James Hosegood. Adam Archer was not there that day!)
Former group members:
- Dr. Malgorzata Kaczorowska, Postdoctoral Assistant (2/2001 - 1/2003).
- Athanassios Tsipis, Postdoctoral Assistant (also working with A. G. Orpen, 9/2002-8/2003).
Athanassios is now a lecturer in Chemistry at the University of Ioannina in Greece.
- Raphaël Robiette, Postdoctoral Research Assistant with Prof. Varinder K. Aggarwal and JNH,
2004 - 2005. Now at Université Catholique
de Louvain in Belgium.
- Dr. Álvaro Cimas, visiting research fellow from Valladollid, Spain (8/2005
- Dr. Christine Bathelt, PhD student 10/2002 - 11/2005. Christine is now working in
the engineering industry in Germany after a postdoc
with Prof. Thomas Simonson at the Ecole Polytechnique in Palaiseau, France)
- Senthilkumar Kittusamy, Postdoctoral Research Assistant with Dr. Fred Manby and JNH,
2005 - 2006. Senthil is now a lecturer at the N. G. M. College in Pollachi, India.
- José-Luis Carréon-Macedo, PhD student (10/2002 - 9/2006). José-Luis
is now a postdoc in the group of Professor
Alex Brown at the University of Alberta in Edmonton.
- Nikki Strickland, PhD student 10/2003 - 10/2006. Now working for ICI.
- Tom Leyssens, PhD student with Daniel Peeters at the
Université Catholique de Louvain in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, 2002 - 2006. Tom
spent several months in the group here during his PhD. He now works for the chemical and pharmaceutical
company UCB in Belgium.
- Ann Schmiedekamp, Visiting Professor from Penn State, US, 2006-2007.
- Natalie Fey,
Postdoctoral Research Assistant (also with Profs. Guy Orpen
and Guy Lloyd-Jones), 2004-2007. Natalie is now an EPSRC Advanced Research Fellow in Bristol.
- Michelle Szeto, PhD student 10/2004-3/2008. Michelle is now a researcher in Bath, UK.
- Andy Cheesman, Postdoctoral Research Assistant (working mainly with Prof. Mike Ashfold), 2006-2008.
- Maria Besora Bonet, Postdoctoral Research Assistant (09/06 - 11/08).
- Julianna Olah, Postdoctoral Research Assistant (02/07 - 01/09).
- Alban Petit, PhD student (2005 - 2009).
- Juliette Pradon, PhD student (2005 - 2009, also working with Adrian Mulholland)
- Jesús Jover, Postdoctoral Researcher, also working with Profs. Guy Lloyd-Jones
and Guy Orpen, and with Dr. Natalie Fey, (2008 - 10).
- Alex Hamilton, PhD student (2006 - 2010, working jointly with Prof. Guy Orpen)
Former Undergraduate Project Students:
- James Hosegood (2010-2011)
- Adam Archer (2010-2011)
- Hernan Vargas (2008 - 2009)
- Gareth Greeves (2007-2008)
- Emma Backhouse (2006-2007)
- John Drain (2005-2006)
- Elisabeth Laessing (2005-2006)
- Luke Knowles (2005-2006)
- Clyde Fare (2003-2004)
Part of the research group in June 2007.
From left to right: Maria Besora Bonet, Richard Lonsdale, Julianna Olah, Ann Schmiedekamp, Natalie Fey, Michelle Szeto,
Alex Hamilton and Jeremy Harvey. The picture was taken on the balcony of the Synthetic Chemistry Building.
The research group (and associate members and guests) in early 2006.
From left to right: Richard Lonsdale, Alessio Lodola, Alban Petit,
José-Luis Carreón-Macedo, Jeremy Harvey, Lizzie Laessing,
John Drain, Nikki Strickland, Juliette Pradon, Natalie Fey, Michelle Szeto,
Luke Knowles and Mairi Haddow. Richard is a PhD student with Adrian Mulholland
(and jointly in the Harvey group), Alessio was a visitor to the Mulholland
group, and Mairi is a PhD student in Guy Orpen's group.
You can also see a Gallery of Group Members
This picture shows Christine and Jeremy at Christine's degree ceremony
in February 2006:
An old (2005) picture of the research group:
From left to right: Nikki Strickland, Jeremy Harvey, Raphaël Robiette,
Tom Leyssens, Nicole Holzmann, Natalie Fey, Christine Bathelt, Michelle Szeto, and
Some pictures from our August 2005 excursion to the Brecon Beacons:
From left to right: Mairi Haddow, Natalie Fey (hidden), Nikola Strickland,
Christine Bathelt, Raphaël Robiette, Jeremy Harvey, Alvaro Cimas,
and José-Luis Carréon-Macedo.
The weather started out fairly poor... Raphaël, Christine and José-Luis.
... but then it improved. José-Luis, Michelle and Raphaël on Pen-Y-Fan.
Nikki, Álvaro, and Mairi taking a break.
Who made these hills so high anyway? Natalie and Álvaro reaching the top of Fan-Y-Big.
These older pictures show José-Luis, and Christine (l.) and Malgorzata (r.):
Here you can see some pictures taken
during a trip we made as a group, to the Summer School of the MCI network.
Links to return to: