LEP, LED, LCD...eh??
There are a fair few acronyms, here I decode them for you.
- Light Emitting Polymer. A polymer that fluoresces when a potential difference is applied.
- Light Emitting Diode. The hard-disc light on your computer is almost definately an LED. Cheap, long-life, low power, LEDs are small, bright light sources that come in a range of colours. The technology is similar to that in PLEDs..
- Polymer Light Emitting Diode. An LEP sandwiched within a diode.
- Liquid Crystal Display. Not related to LEPs. A form of display technology currently in use.
- Organic Light Emitting Diode. A form of LED that uses organic substrates as oppossed to usual silicon mix.
An example of a PLED