316. CD1b Tetramers Identify T Cells that Recognize Natural and Synthetic Diacylated Sulfoglycolipids from Mycobacterium tuberculosis
Charlotte A. James, Krystle K.Q. Yu, Martine Gilleron, Jacques Prandi, Vijayendar R. Yedulla, Zuzanna Z. Moleda, Eleonora Diamanti, Momin Khan, Varinder K. Aggarwalet al., Josephine F. Reijneveld, Peter Reinink, Stefanie Lenz, Ryan O. Emerson, Thomas J. Scriba, Michael N.T. Souter, Dale I. Godfrey, Daniel G. Pellicci, D. Branch Moody, Adriaan J. Minnaard, Chetan Seshadri, and Ildiko Van Rhijn hide
247. Practical and Highly Selective Sulfur Ylide-Mediated Asymmetric Epoxidations and Aziridinations Using a Cheap and Readily Available Chiral Sulfide: Extensive Studies To Map Out Scope, Limitations, and Rationalization of Diastereo- and Enantioselectivities
Ona Illa, Mariam Namutebi, Chandreyee Saha, Mehrnoosh Ostovar, C. Chun Chen, Mairi F. Haddow, Sophie Nocquet-Thibault, Matteo Lusi, Eoghan M. McGarrigle, Varinder K. Aggarwal.
J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013, 135, 11951–11966. doi | pdf
246. Efficient Synthesis of Cyclopropane-Fused Heterocycles with Bromoethylsulfonium Salt
Sven P. Fritz, Johnathan V. Matlock1, Eoghan M. McGarrigle, Varinder K. Aggarwal.
Chemistry - A European Journal, 2013, 19, 10827-10831. doi | pdf
Invited paper for Prof. Naomichi Furukawa's 70th birthday Special Issue.
Abstract: The ring opening of NH-aziridines with thiols was found to proceed in good yield at room temperature in the presence of an ionic liquid---butyl-3-methylimidazolium chloride (BMIM chloride). This mild methodology was applied to the synthesis of a camphor-derived chiral aminosulfide. The sulfide was used to generate a sulfur ylide, which effected an asymmetric epoxidation of benzaldehyde (e.r. 85:15, trans:cis 90:10, 87% yield). The amino group enabled easy recovery of the sulfide (98% yield) after the reaction by a simple acid/base extraction.
208. Asymmetric Total Synthesis of Solandelactone E: Stereocontrolled Synthesis of the 1,4-diol-2-ene core via Lithiation-Borylation-Allylation Sequence
A. Robinson, V. K. Aggarwal
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2010, 49, 6673-6675. doi | pdf
207. Benzylic Boron Reagents Behaving as Allylic Boron Reagents towards Aldehydes: A New Asymmetric Reaction Leading to Homoallylic Alcohols with Concomitant Dearomatisation
200. Application of the Lithiation-Borylation Reaction to the Preparation of Enantioenriched Allylic Boron Reagents and Subsequent In Situ Conversion into 1,2,4-Trisubstituted Homoallylic Alcohols with Complete Control over All Elements of Stereochemistry.
M. Althaus, A. Mahmood, J. Ramón Suárez, S. P. Thomas, V. K. Aggarwal
J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 4025-4028. doi | pdf
199. Practical and Highly Selective Sulfur Ylide-Mediated Asymmetric Epoxidations and Aziridinations Using a Cheap and Readily Available Chiral Sulfide. Application to the Total Synthesis of Quinine and Quinidine.
O. Illa, M. Arshad, A. Ros, E. M. McGarrigle, V. K. Aggarwal
170. Aminals as Substrates for Sulfur Ylides: A Synthesis of Functionalised Aziridines and N-Heterocycles.
C. G. Kokotos, V. K. Aggarwal,
Org. Lett., 2007, 9, 2099-2102.
169. New Reaction of Cyclic Aminal with Michael Acceptors Leading to β-Amido-α,β-unstaurated Carbonyl Compounds through a Morita-Baylis-Hillman Type Reaction. Enantiocontrol and Applications in Synthesis.
126. Catalytic Asymmetric Nazarov Reactions Promoted by Chiral Lewis Acid Complexes
V. K. Aggarwal, A. J. Belfield, Org. Lett.,2003, 5, 5075-5078.
125. Highly Diastereoselective Simmons-Smith Cyclopropanation of Allylic Amines
V. K. Aggarwal, G.-Y. Fang, G. Meek, Org. Lett.,2003, 5, 4417-4420.
124. Diastereoselective Synthesis of Cyclopropane Amino Acids Using Diazo Compounds Generated In Situ
L. A. Adams, V. K. Aggarwal, R. V. Bonnert, B. Bressel, R. J. Cox, J. Shepherd, J. de Vicente, M. Walter, W. Whittingham, J. Org. Chem.,2003, 68, 9433-9440.
123. Asymmetric Sulfur Ylide Mediated Aziridination: Application in the Synthesis of the Side Chain of Taxol
V. K. Aggarwal, J. L. Vasse, Org. Lett.,2003, 5, 2644-2651.
122. Tandem Formation and [2,3] Rearrangement of Methylene Ammonium Ylides Derived from Amines and the Simmons-Smith Reagent
V. K. Aggarwal, G. Fang, G. Meek, J. P. H. Charmant, Org. Lett.2003, 5, 1757-1760.
121. Palladium catalysed cyclisation-carbonylation of enynes to give cyclic γ,δ-unsaturated acids
V. K. Aggarwal, M. Butters, P.W. Davies, Chem. Commun.,2003, 1046-1047.
120. Highly Diastereoselective 1,3-Dipolar Cycloaddition Reactions of trans-2-Methylene-1,3-dithiolane 1,3-dioxide with 3-Oxidopyiridinium and 3-Oxidopyrylium Betaines: a Route to the Tropane Skeleton
V. K. Aggarwal, R. S. Grainger, G. K. Newton, P. L. Spargo,A. D. Hobson and H. Adams, Org. Biomol. Chem.,2003, 1, 1884-1893. doi
119. Sulfur Ylide Mediated Synthesis of Highly Functionalised and Trisubstituted Epoxides with High Enantioselectivity. Application to the Synthesis of CDP 840
V. K. Aggarwal,I. Bae, H.-Y. Lee, D. T. Williams, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2003, 42, 3274-3278. doi
118. A New Protocol for the in situ Generation of Aromatic, Heteroaromatic and Unsaturated Diazocompounds and its Application in Catalytic and Asymmetric Epoxidation of Carbonyl Compounds. Extensive Studies to map out Scope and Limitations and Rationalization of Diastereo- and Enantioselectivities
V. K. Aggarwal, E. Alonso, I. Bae, G. Hynd, K. M. Lydon, M. J. Palmer, M. Patel, M. Porcelloni, J. Richardson, R. Stenson, J. R. Studley, J.L. Vasse, C. L. Winn, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2003, 125, 10926-40.
117. Highly Enantioselective Oxidations of Ketene Dithioacetals: Formation of Trans Bis-sulfoxides without Contamination from Meso Isomers
V. K. Aggarwal, R. M. Steele, Ritmaleni, J. K. Barrell, I. Grayson, J. Org. Chem.2003, 68, 4087-4090.
116. A Novel One-pot Method for the Preparation of Pyrazoles by 1,3-Dipolar Cycloadditions of Diazo Compounds Generated In Situ
V. K. Aggarwal, J. de Vicente, J. Org. Chem.2003, 68, 5381-5383.
115. Generation of Phosphoranes Derived from Phosphites. A New Class of Phosphorus Ylides Leading to High E Selectivity with Semi-Stabilizing Groups in Wittig Olefinations
V. K. Aggarwal, J. R. Fulton, C. G. Sheldon, J. de Vicente, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2003, 125, 6034-6035.
114. New insights in the Mechanism of Amine Catalysed Epoxidation: Dual Role of Protonated Ammonium Salts as Both Phase Transfer Catalysts and Activators of Oxone
V. K. Aggarwal, C. Lopin, F. Sandrinelli, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2003, 125, 7596-7601.
113. The use of Enantiomerically Pure Ketene Dithioacetal bis-Sulfoxides in Highly Diastereoselective Intramolecular Nitrone Cycloadditions. Application in the Total Synthesis of α-Amino Acids, (-)-Cispentacin and the First Asymmetric Synthesis of 4-Amino-pyrrolidine-3-carboxylic acid
V. K. Aggarwal, S. Roseblade, R. Alexander, Org. Biomol. Chem.,2003, 1, 684-691.
112. Correlation Between pKa and Reactivity of Quinuclidine-based Catalysts in the Baylis-Hillman Reaction - Discovery of Quinuclidine as Optimum Catalyst Leading to Substantial Enhancement of Scope
V. K. Aggarwal, I. Emme, S. Y. Fulford, J. Org. Chem.2003, 68, 692-700.
111. Extension of Ring Closing Metathesis Methodology to the Synthesis of Carbocyclic Methyl and Silyl Enol Ethers
V. K. Aggarwal, A. M. Daly. Chem. Commun.2002, 2490-2491.
110. Ketene Claisen Rearrangement of Camphor-derived 1,3-oxathianes: complete control of tertiary and quaternary stereogenic centres
V. K. Aggarwal; A. Lattanzi; D. Fuentes Chem. Commun.2002, 2534-2535.
109. Application of the Chiral Acyl Anion Equivalent, trans-1,3-Dioxide, to an Asymmetric Synthesis of (R)-Salbutamol
V. K. Aggarwal, B. N. Esquivel-Zamora J. Org. Chem.2002, 67, 8618-8621.
108. A palladium catalysed cyclisation-carbonylation of bromodienes: control in carbonylation over facile beta-hydride elimination
V. K. Aggarwal; P. W. Davies; W. O. Moss Chem. Commun.2002,43, 972-973.
107. Sulphur ylide-mediated stereoselective synthesis of a stable ferrocenyl epoxide
M. Catasus; A. Moyano; V. K. Aggarwal Tetrahedron Lett.2002,43, 3475-3479.
106. Unraveling the mechanism of epoxide formation from sulfur ylides and aldehydes
V. K. Aggarwal; J. N. Harvey; J. Richardson J. Am. Chem. Soc.2002,124, 5747-5756.
105. Synthesis of epoxides from aldehydes and tosylhydrazone salts catalysed by triphenylarsine: complete trans selectivity for all combinations of coupling partners
V. K. Aggarwal; M. Patel; J. Studley Chem. Commun.2002, 1514-1515.
104. Unexpected side reactions of imidazolium-based ionic liquids in the base-catalysed Baylis-Hillman reaction
V. K. Aggarwal; I. Emme; A. Mereu Chem. Commun.2002, 1612-1613.
103. Highly enantioselective Darzens reaction of a camphor-derived sulfonium amide to give glycidic amides and their applications in synthesis
V. K. Aggarwal; G. Hynd; W. Picoul; J. L. Vasse J. Am. Chem. Soc.2002,124, 9964-9965.
102. A new method for the preparation of silyl enol ethers from carbonyl compounds and (Trimethylsilyl)diazomethane in a regiospecific and highly stereoselective manner
V. K. Aggarwal; C. G. Sheldon; G. J. Macdonald; W. P. Martin J. Am. Chem. Soc.2002,124, 10300-10301.
101. Epoxidation of alkenes by amine catalyst precursors: Implication of aminium ion and radical cation intermediates (vol 122, pg 8317, 2000)
M. F. A. Adamo; V. K. Aggarwal; M. A. Sage J. Am. Chem. Soc.2002,124, 11223-11223.
100. Synthesis of new, highly hindered C-2-symmetric trans (2S,5S)- disubstituted pyrrolidines
V. K. Aggarwal; F. Sandrinelli; J. P. H. Charmant Tetrahedron Asymm.2002,13, 87-93.
99. Highly diastereoselective aziridination of imines with trimethylsilyldiazomethane. Subsequent silyl substitution with electrophiles, ring opening, and metalation of C- silylaziridines - A cornucopia of highly selective transformations
V. K. Aggarwal; E. Alonso; M. Ferrara; S. E. Spey J. Org. Chem.2002,67, 2335-2344.
98. Highly diastereoselective nitrone cycloaddition onto a chiral ketene equivalent: Asymmetric synthesis of cispentacin
V. K. Aggarwal; S. J. Roseblade; J. K. Barrell; R. Alexande Org. Lett.2002,4, 1227-1229.
97. The use of enantiomerically pure N-sulfinimines in asymmetric Baylis-Hillman reactions
V. K. Aggarwal; A. M. M. Castro; A. Mereu; H. Adams Tetrahedron Lett.2002,43, 1577-1581.
96. Rate Acceleration of the Baylis-Hillman Reaction in Polar Solvents (Water and Formamide). Dominant Role of Hydrogen Bonding not Hydrophobic Effects are Implicated
V. K. Aggarwal; D. K. Dean; A. Mereu, R. Williams J. Org. Chem.2002,67, 510-514.
95. Developments in the Simmons-Smith Mediated Epoxidation Reaction
94. Additions of stabilised and semi-stabilised sulfur ylides to tosyl protected imines: are they under kinetic or thermodynamic control?
V. K. Aggarwal; J. P. H. Charmant; C. Ciampi; J. M. Hornby; C. J. O'Brien; G. Hynd; R. Parsons J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 12001, 3159-3166.
93. Synthesis and evaluation of a broad range of chiral sulfides for asymmetric sulfur ylide epoxidation of aldehydes
V. K. Aggarwal; R. Angelaud; D. Bihan; P. Blackburn; R. Fieldhouse; S. J. Fonquerna; G. D. Ford; G. Hynd; E. Jones; R. V. H. Jones; P. Jubault; M. J. Palmer; P. D. Ratcliffe; H. Adams J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 12001, 2604-2622.
92. Catalytic Cyclopropanation of Alkenes using Diazo Compounds Generated In Situ. A novel route to 2-Arylcyclopropylamines
V. K. Aggarwal; J. de Vicente; R. V. Bonnert Org. Lett.2001, 3, 2785-2788.
91. A novel procedure for the synthesis of aziridines: application of Simmons-Smith reagents to aziridination
V. K. Aggarwal; R. A. Stenson; R. V. H. Jones; R. Fieldhouse; J. Blacker Tetrahedron Lett.2001, 42, 1587-1589.
90. Scope and limitations in sulfur ylide mediated catalytic asymmetric aziridination of imines: use of phenyldiazomethane, diazoesters and diazoacetamides
V. K. Aggarwal; M. Ferrara; C. J. O'Brien; A. Thompson; R. V. H. Jones; R. Fieldhouse J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 12001, 1635-1643.
89. Application of Chiral Sulfides to Catalytic Asymmetric Aziridination and Cyclopropanation with in situ Generation of the Diazocompound
69. A formal synthesis of (+)-pyripyropene A using a biomimetic epoxy- olefin cyclisation
V. K. Aggarwal; P. A. Bethel; R. Giles J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun.1999, 325-326.
68. The effects of different ester and ketal protecting groups on the reactivity and selectivity of tartrate-derived silylketene acetals
V. K. Aggarwal; S. J. Masters; H. Adams; S. E. Spey; G. R. Brown; A. J. Foubister J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 11999, 155-162.
67. Direct Asymmetric Epoxidation of Aldehydes using Catalytic Amounts of Enantiomerically Pure Sulfides
V. K. Aggarwal, J. G. Ford, A. Thompson, R. V. H. Jones, M. C. H. Standen
in Selective Reactions of Metal-Activated Molecules, H. Werner, P. Schreier (Eds.), Vieweg, Gottingen, 1998, 13-24. doi
66. Sc(OTf)3, an efficient catalyst for addition of allyltrimethylsilane to aldehydes; Chemoselective addition to aldehydes in presence of ketones and in situ acylation (3 component coupling)
V. K. Aggarwal; G. P. Vennall Synthesis1998, 1822-1826.
65. Studies on the asymmetric oxidation of ester derivatives of 1,3- dithiane-2-carboxylates. Asymmetric synthesis of trans-1,3-dithiane 1,3-dioxide
V. K. Aggarwal; B. N. Esquivel-Zamora; G. R. Evans; E. Jones J. Org. Chem.1998, 63, 7306-7310.
64. Metal- and ligand-accelerated catalysis of the Baylis-Hillman reaction
V. K. Aggarwal; A. Mereu; G. J. Tarver; R. McCague J. Org. Chem.1998, 63, 7183-7189.
63. Highly diastereoselective epoxidation of ketene dithioacetal dioxides: A new approach to the asymmetric synthesis of alpha-amino amides
V. K. Aggarwal; J. K. Barrell; J. M. Worrall; R. Alexander J. Org. Chem.1998, 63, 7128-7129.
62. Catalytic Sylfur Ylide Reactions: Use of Diazoacetamides for the Diastereoselective Synthesis of Glycidic Amides
V. K. Aggarwal; P. B. Blackburn; R. V. H. Jones; R. Fieldhouse Tetrahedron Lett.1998, 39, 8517-8520.
61. Catalytic asymmetric Diels-Alder reactions of alpha-thioacrylates for the preparation of norbornenone
V. K. Aggarwal; E. S. Anderson; D. E. Jones; K. B. Obierey; R. Giles Chemical Communications1998, 1985-1986.
60. (1R,3R)-2-methylene-1,3-dithiolane 1,3-dioxide: a highly reactive and highly selective chiral ketene equivalent in cycloaddition reactions with a broad range of dienes
V. K. Aggarwal; Z. Gultekin; R. S. Grainger; H. Adams; P. L. Spargo J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 11998, 2771-2781.
59. Catalytic asymmetric epoxidation of aldehydes. Optimization, mechanism, and discovery of stereoelectronic control involving a combination of anomeric and Cieplak effects in sulfur ylide epoxidations with chiral 1,3-oxathianes
V. K. Aggarwal; J. G. Ford; S. Fonquerna; H. Adams; R. V. H. Jones; R. Fieldhouse J. Am. Chem. Soc.1998120, 8328-8339.
58. Sc(OTf)3, an efficient catalyst for formation and deprotection of geminal diacetates (acylals); Chemoselective protection of aldehydes in presence of ketones
V. K. Aggarwal; S. Fonquerna; G. P. Vennall Synlett1998, 849-852.
57. Bifunctional catalysts for catalytic asymmetric sulfur ylide epoxidation of carbonyl compounds
V. K. Aggarwal; L. Bell; M. P. Coogan; P. Jubault J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 11998, 2037-2042.
56. 1,3-Dipolar cycloaddition reactions of trans-2-methylene-1,3- dithiolane 1,3-dioxide with nitrones
V. K. Aggarwal; R. S. Grainger; H. Adams; P. L. Spargo J. Org. Chem.1998, 63, 3481-3485
55. Camphor Derived 1,4-Oxathianes for Carbonyl Epoxidation
V. K. Aggarwal, J. G. Ford, R. V. H. Jones, R. Fieldhouse, Tetrahedron Asymm.1998, 9, 1801-1807.
54. Catalytic Asymmetric Epoxidation and Aziridination Mediated by Sulfur Ylides. Evolution of a Project
V. K. Aggarwal,
Synlett, 1998, 329-336.
53. Scandium trifluoromethanesulfonate, an efficient catalyst for the intermolecular carbonyl-ene reaction and the intramolecular cyclisation of citronellal
V. K. Aggarwal; G. P. Vennall; P. N. Davey; C. Newman Tetrahedron Lett.1998, 39, 1997-2000.
52. Asymmetric Ylide Reactions: Epoxidation, Cyclopropanation, Aziridination, Olefination, and Rearrangement
42. Seminars in Organic Synthesis: Asymmetric Epoxidation, XXII Summer School, Gargnano, Società Chimica Italiana
V. K. Aggarwal, J. G. Ford, 1997, 7-50.
41. Catalytic and Asymmetric Aziridination Using Sulfur Ylides
V. K. Aggarwal, A. Thompson, R. V. H. Jones, and M. C. H. Standen, Phosphorus Sulfur1997, 120, 361-362.
40. Stereselective Epoxidation of bis-Sulfinyl Alkenes and Applications to the Asymmetric Synthesis of ?-Substituted Carboxylic Acids
V. K. Aggarwal, J. M. Worrall, R. Alexander, Phosphorus Sulfur1997, 120, 351-352.
39. Anion Reactions of Trans-1,3-Dithiolane-1,3-Dioxide with Aldehydes and Comparison with Trans-1,3-Dithiane-1,3-Dioxide
V. K. Aggarwal, S. Schade, H. Adams, J.Org. Chem.1997, 62, 1139-1145.
38. Direct Measurement of the Anomeric Effect in Sulfoxides: Conformational Analysis and X-Ray crystal Structures of 2-Halo-1,3-Dithiane-trans-1,3-Dioxide
V. K. Aggarwal, J. M. Worrall, H. Adams, R. Alexander, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 11997, 21-24.
37. 2-Halo-1,3-Dithiane-1,3-Dioxide : a Diastereoselective Carbonyl Anion Equivalent in Reactions with Aldehydes
V. K. Aggarwal, G. Boccardo, J. M. Worrall, Harry Adams, R. Alexander, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 11997, 11-19.
36. First Examples of Metal and Ligand Accelerated Catalysis of the Baylis Hillman Reaction
V. K. Aggarwal, G. J. Tarver, R. McCague J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun.1996, 2713-2714.
35. Novel Catalytic and Asymmetric Process for Aziridination Mediated by Sulfur Ylides
V. K. Aggarwal, A. Thompson, R. V. H. Jones, and M. C. H. Standen, J.Org. Chem.1996, 61, 8368-8369.
34. Direct Asymmetric Epoxidation of Aldehydes Using Catalytic Amounts of Enantiomerically Pure Sulfides
V. K. Aggarwal, J. G. Ford, A. Thompson, R. V. H. Jones, and M. C. H. Standen, J. Am. Chem. Soc.1996, 118, 7004-7005.
33. First Synthesis and X-ray Crystal Structure of 1,2-(1,1'-Ferrocenediyl)ethene
V. K. Aggarwal, D. Jones, M. L.Turner and H. Adams, J. Organomet. Chem., 1996, 524, 263-266.
32. A Novel Catalytic Cycle For The Synthesis Of Epoxides Using Sulfur Ylides
V. K. Aggarwal; H. Abdel-Rahman; Li Fan, R. V. H. Jones; M. C. H. Standen, Chemistry, A Eurpoean Journal, 1996, 2, 1024-1030.
31. Scandium Trifluoromethanesulfonate, a Novel Catalyst for the Addition of Allyltrimethylsilane to Aldehydes
V. K. Aggarwal, G. P. Vennall, Tetrahedron. Lett.1996, 3745-3746.
30. Palladium-Catalyzed Substitution Of Unsaturated Lactones - Application to the Synthesis Of Carbocyclic Polyoxins and Nikkomycins
V. K. Aggarwal; N. Monteiro; G. J. Tarver; S. D. Lindell J. Org. Chem.1996, 61, 1192-1193.
29. Catalytic Asymmetric Synthesis of Epoxides Mediated by Chiral Iminium Salts
V. K. Aggarwal; M. F. Wang J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun.1996, 191-192.
28. The Use Of Chiral Sulfides In Catalytic Asymmetric Epoxidation
V. K. Aggarwal; A. Thompson; R. V. H. Jones; M. Standen Tetrahedron Asymm.1995, 6, 2557-2564.
27. (1R,3R)-2-Methylene-1,3-Dithiolane 1,3-Dioxide - a Highly Reactive and Highly Selective Chiral Ketene Equivalent
V. K. Aggarwal; J. Drabowicz; R. S. Grainger; Z. Gultekin; M. Lightowler; P. L. Spargo J. Org. Chem.1995, 60, 4962-4963.
26. Anion reactions of 1,3-dithiane 1,3-dioxide with carbonyl-compounds - high diastereoselectivity with aromatic-aldehydes under conditions of equilibrium control
V. K. Aggarwal; R. Franklin; J. Maddock; G. R. Evans; A. Thomas; M. F. Mahon; K. C. Molloy; M. J. Rice J. Org. Chem.1995, 60, 2174-2182.
25. Complexes Containing a Lewis-Acid and Bronsted Acid For the Catalytic Asymmetric Diels-Alder Reaction
V. K. Aggarwal; E. Anderson; R. Giles; A. Zaparucha Tetrahedron-Asymmetry1995, 6, 1301-1306.
24. A Novel Catalytic Cycle For the Synthesis Of Epoxides Using Sulfur Ylides - Application to Base Sensitive Aldehydes
V. K. Aggarwal; H. Abdel-Rahman; R. V. H. Jones; M. C. H. Standen Tetrahedron. Lett.1995, 36, 1731-1732.
23. A novel catalytic cycle for the synthesis of epoxides using sulfur ylides, and application to the synthesis of cyclopropanes and aziridines V. K. Aggarwal; H. Abdel-Rahman; A. Thompson; B. Mattison; R. V. H. Jones Phosphorus Sulfur1995, 283-292.
22. Synthesis of Sulfonium Salts by Sulfide Alkylation; an Alternative Approach
V. K. Aggarwal; A. Thompson; R. V. H. Jones Tetrahedron. Lett.1994, 8659-8660.
21. Asymmetric-Synthesis and Cycloaddition Chemistry Of Trans-2- Methylene-1,3-Dithiolane 1,3-Dioxide
V. K. Aggarwal; R. S. Grainger; P. L. Spargo Phosphorus Sulfur1994, 95, 337-338.
20. Studies on the oxidation of 1,3-dithiane and 5,5-disubstituted analogues including X-ray crystal structure, equlibration studies and pKa measurements on selected oxides
V. K. Aggarwal; I. W. Davies; R. Franklin; J. Maddock; M. F. Mahon; K. C. Molloy J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 11994, 2363-2368.
19. Stereoselective Addition Reactions of Lithiated 2-Chloro-1,3-Dithiane-1,3-Dioxide to Aldehydes
V. K. Aggarwal, J.M. Worrall, H. Adams, R. Alexander, Tetrahedron Letters, 1994, 35, 6167-6170.
18. Trans-1,3-dithiane-1,3-dioxide, a new chiral acyl anion equivalent for the preparation of masked activated acids - application to the synthesis of alpha-hydroxy acid-derivatives
V. K. Aggarwal; A. Thomas; R. J. Franklin J. Chem. Soc. , Chem. Commun.1994, 1653-1654.
17. Novel catalytic cycle for the synthesis of epoxides from aldehydes and sulfur ylides mediated by catalytic quantities of sulfides and Rh2(OAc)4
V. K. Aggarwal, H. Abdel-Rahman, R. V. H. Jones, H. Y. Lee, B. D. Reid, J. Am. Chem. Soc.1994, 116, 5973-5974.
16. Asymmetric epoxidation using chiral sulfur ylides
V. K. Aggarwal; M. Kalomiri; A. P. Thomas Tetrahedron Asymm.1994, 5, 723-730.
15. The First Synthesis of the Novel 2,8-Dioxobicyclo[3,2,1]octane Ring System - a Key Feature of the Squalestatins
V. K. Aggarwal, M. F. Wang, A. Zaparucha, J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun., 1994, 87-88.
14. Enantioselective Transformations and Racemisation Studies of Heteroatom Substituted Organolithium Compounds
13. Chiral Ketene Equivalents for use in Asymmetric Synthesis
V. K. Aggarwal, M. Lightowler, Phos., Sulfur and Silicon, 1993, 74, 407-408.
12. Chiral, Bisfunctionalisation of Substrates: a Powerful Strategy for the Asymmetric Synthesis of C2 Symmetric Compounds and its Application to the Synthesis of Enantiomerically Pure Trans-1,3-dithiane-1,3-dioxide 1
V. K. Aggarwal, E. Moya, G. Evans, J. Dowden, J. Org. Chem.1992, 57, 6390-6391.
V. K. Aggarwal, M. Lightowler, S.D. Lindell Synlett., 1992, 730-732.
10. Highly Stereoselective Addition Reactions of Metallated Trans-1,3-dithiane-1,3-dioxide to Aldehydes
V. K. Aggarwal, R. J. Franklin, M. J. Rice, Tetrahedron Letters, 1991, 32, 7743-7746.
9. Synthesis, X-ray Crystal Structure, Equilibration Studies, and Anion Chemistry of Trans-1,3-dithiane-1,3-dioxide
V. K. Aggarwal, I. W. Davies, R. J, Franklin, J. Maddock, M. F. Mahon, K. C. Molloy, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Commun., 1991,662-664.
8. Transformation of Cyclic a-Phenylthio Aldehydes by Stereoselective Aldol Reactions and Phenylthio Migration into Spirocyclic Lactones and Ethers, and E-Allylic Alcohols with 1,4-Related Chiral Centres
V. K. Aggarwal, I Coldham, S. McIntre and S. Warren, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 1, 1991, 451-460.
7. Trans-1,3-Dithiane-1,3-dioxide as a Potential Chiral Acyl Anion Equivalent
V. K. Aggarwal, R. J, Franklin in 'Chirality in Drug Design and Synthesis' C. Brown (Ed), Academic Press, London, 1990, 229-230.
6. Additions of Aldehydes to Metallated Trans-1,3-dithiane-S,S-dioxide Under Conditions of Kinetic and Thermodynamic Control
V. K. Aggarwal, I. W. Davies, J. Maddock, M. F. Mahon, K. C. Molloy, Tetrahedron Letters, 1990, 31, 135-138.
5. Stereochemical Control in the Synthesis of Tetrahydrofurans by Cyclisation of Diols with Phenylthio Migration
V. K. Aggarwal, I Coldham, S. McIntre, F. H. Sansbury, M.-J. Villa and S. Warren, Tetrahedron Letters, 1988, 29, 4885-4888.
4. A Review of S. G. Warren's Recent Work
V. K. Aggarwal
Chemical Highlights, 1987, 208-215.
3. Synthesis of Compounds with 1,4-Related Chiral Centres by Phenylthio Migration: Syn and Anti-E-2,4 Dimethylhex-3-ene-1,5-Diol
V. K. Aggarwal and S. Warren, Tetrahedron Letters, 1987, 28, 1925-1928.
2. Allyl Sulphide Synthesis by Phenylthio Migration: Relationship between Stereochemistry of Starting Material and Regioselectivity of Double Bond Formation
V. K. Aggarwal and S. Warren, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 1, 1987, 2579-2584.
1. Phenylthio (PhS) Migration in the Stereocontrolled Synthesis of Allylic Alcohols with 1,4-Related Chiral Centres
V. K. Aggarwal and S. Warren, Tetrahedron Letters, 1986, 27, 101-104.